Spring Touch Rugby League
We're Back! Since it was a little late to plan a real spring season, we have opted for a (THROWBACK) Touch Rugby League! Teams will be pre-set except for 1 motley crew team that will be available for misfits and those who can't commit to each week. The league will be a competitive pool and bracket style play. Final night will be a tournament to decide a winning team.
Date: Tuesdays starting June 1 for 6 weeks
Location: Dick Green Field
Cost: $30 for the season.
You may pay per night and be placed on the misfit team for $5/Session. You are welcome to pay ahead for all sessions. Pay via Paypal (look over there ->) or venmo us @albanyknicksrugby, or bring cash.
Who: Everyone welcome (18+). All skill levels welcome!
Pay for your touch season securely online using PayPal! Cash, check, Venmo (@albanyknicksrugby) also available.
Spring Touch Rugby League
- Team sizes will depend on the number of attendees, minimum of 6 players per team.
- The field will be split in half and 2 games will be played at once for 7 minutes, then the teams will be switched.
- Offensive teams are given 5 phases of opportunity to score a try.
- If the Offensive team does not score within 5 attempts it will be a turnover ball at the spot of the last touch.
- No conversion attempts.
- No Kicking to advance the ball is allowed.
- The team that was scored against will receive the ball at the restart.
- Restarts will occur by the team that was scored against by either releasing the ball from your hands completely, tapping it with your foot, and catching it cleanly. Or by placing the ball on the ground, tapping it with your foot, and picking the ball up cleanly.
- When a player is touched the touched player must stop and immediately put the ball between their legs to produce the next phase.
- If the Ball hits the floor it will be considered a Turnover ball regardless of it being a backward pass. At this spot the new offensive team may quick tap to restart and continue the game.
- If a player runs or steps out of bounds on his/her own terms it will be a turnover ball.
- Restarts will only occur by either releasing the ball from your hands completely, tapping it with your foot, and catching it cleanly. Or by placing the ball on the ground, tapping it with your foot, and picking the ball up cleanly.
- At any restart, the entire defense must retreat 5 meters before defending the next phase. If the entire defense is not 5 meters, the opposing team can call an advantage and the offensive team will receive a new 5 phases at the spot of the penalty. So be honest!
- Scrum halves (any player that picks up the ball from the ruck) if touched before distributing the ball will be an automatic loss of downs and turnover ball from the spot of the touch
- Scrum halves (any player that picks up the ball from the ruck) cannot score they must distribute the ball once before a try can be awarded.